Things to See & Do
Opelika, Alabama is a city on the tracks teeming with culture, history, and a thriving community. This railroad town is filled with historic neighborhoods featuring beautiful buildings that will take you back in time all surrounding a hip small business hub that is downtown Opelika. Passionate curators are found on every corner offering unique goods like sustainable clothing, delicious cuisine, antique records, and more! With three breweries, a distillery, and additional bars, we are no stranger to hand-crafted spirits and brews accompanied by live music from local artists as well.
Here are a few of our favorite things!
- ENTERTAINMENT: Enjoy an array of live music at different free concert series year-round including Noon Tunes and Summer Swing or experience over 30 talented artists at the Opelika Songwriter’s Festival. There is also a jam- packed calendar full of community events like Burger Wars, Touch-A-Truck, and Opelika Main Street On Tap with entertainment on every corner!
- NIGHTLIFE: Sip on the smoothest spirits at John Emerald Distillery or try a seasonal craft beer at Red Clay or Resting Pulse Breweries! Opelika is home to three breweries, a distillery, and even a speakeasy so you never run out of local nightlife opportunities.
- RETAIL: Downtown features phenomenal small businesses with unique products and owners passionate about serving consumers an experience they can’t find anywhere else! From hand-crafted Opelika themed gifts at Taylor Made Designs to the latest in southern style and decor from Studio 3:19 Boutique and Southern Crossing, there is always something for everyone.
- DINING: Try one of the award-winning eateries in downtown Opelika all in walking distance from one another! We have so many foodie members from bakeries to burger joints with the tastiest offerings you just have to check out. Visit our member directory to find one that fits your needs.
- ARTS: Experience history at the Museum of East Alabama or the Victorian Front Porch Tour throughout Opelika’s historic neighborhoods. Keep your eyes open for any of the numerous beautiful murals that are sprinkled across local landmarks in the town. The “Greetings from Opelika” one may be our favorite! Visit the Opelika Public Library to set your sights on it (and snap that selfie)!
- TIGER TOWN: Adjacent to downtown Opelika is Tiger Town Shopping Center right off exit 58 on I-85. This interstate hub features a wide selection of shopping, dining, entertainment and more! Whether travelers are stopping for gas and a bite to eat, or you want to enjoy dinner and a movie, this is the part of town with significant offerings all day long!
What truly makes Opelika special is the people who live here. From small business owners to city officials, this town has an amazing community of compassionate citizens who go above and beyond to continue making Opelika an amazing place to be.