Meet Our Ambassadors
The Opelika Chamber Ambassadors come from all industries in the community and serve as important liaisons to chamber members! They help shape the direction of our organization by focusing on growth through the recruitment of new members, retention of current members, and support of chamber programming and events. Serving as an ambassador begins with a 1 year commitment.
Purpose: To assist in the engagement and growth of the Opelika Chamber membership, and to act as official representatives of the Opelika Chamber to existing and new businesses in the surrounding community, solidifying our role as the Champions for Business.
Benefits of Ambassadors:
- Exclusive Exposure and Networking Opportunities
- Official Ambassador Name Badge
- Opportunity to introduce themselves and their business at every chamber ribbon cutting
- Opportunities to create meaningful connections with staff and board of directors
- Free Chamber event access when committing to volunteer at/for an event
- Opportunity to earn Ambassador Spotlight on our Opelika Chamber social media & Newsletter
- Opportunity to build relationships and networks that are deep, profitable, and meaningful
All ambassadors are expected to fulfill the following responsibilities:
- Assist in the recruitment of new members via introductions/connections to Catherine Olen, Marketing & Membership Coordinator (minimum 3-5 per year)
- Attend and Volunteer at Chamber events, ribbon cuttings, etc. (minimum 5 per quarter)
- Participate in membership efforts including magazine delivery, Christmas & renewal pop-ins
- Wear Opelika Chamber nametag to all events and visits while representing the organization.
- Each ambassador will have a specialized role and will earn points for performing according to these roles & responsibilities. These roles include:
- VIVs (Very Important Volunteers): Focused on volunteering for our events, helping with setup and breakdown prior/after events, working the registration table, etc.
- Digital Influencers: Responsible for conducting chamber remotes. Influencers will visit a business and then post about the business on social media. (Lives, Videos, pictures, or selfies with the owner/staff are encouraged- but it’s your choice as to what you post. Please remember to tag us in your post!)
- Check-In Champions: Responsible for making visits or calls to members to ensure that we have accurate information on their account, finding out if they have any questions or concerns, and fulfilling their needs as a chamber member
Ambassadors meet at Noon on the third Tuesday of each month or at a scheduled quarterly social. All meeting times will be provided in advance. Food will be provided, as appropriate, at all meetings, which will be held in various locations. You will be informed of the location prior to the meeting. You can miss no more than two meetings per year.
Ambassadors will be contacted via email on a weekly basis to stay aware of volunteer opportunities, Chamber events, ribbon cuttings, and upcoming meeting reminders. Additionally, ambassadors will receive calendar invites, and will be expected to sign up for text reminders. Responsiveness is key to your role as an Ambassador. Failure to communicate may result in your dismissal as an Ambassador.
It is the Ambassadors responsibility to report their points through the points form. Points are received by completing Ambassador responsibilities. The Ambassador with the most points at the end of each quarter will be named Ambassador of the Quarter and will be invited to have lunch with the Chamber President and Board Chair. Before the end of the fiscal year (June), the four Ambassadors of the Quarter will be presented to the Executive Committee as Ambassador of the Year candidates. In the chance of a tie, the Chairman of the Board will choose the winner. Ambassador of the Year will be recognized at Annual Meeting and will serve on the Board of Directors for one year.
- Attend Chamber Events/Ribbon Cuttings: 25 pts each
- New Member Connection/Introduction: 10 pts each > +25 BONUS IF JOIN!
- Conduct Chamber Remotes- 25 pts each
- Conduct Chamber Check-In – 25 pts each
- Volunteer for Event - 25 pts each
- Be employed by their company for a minimum 6 months.
- Complete application/commitment form.
- Be an upstanding citizen and representative of the business community.
Ambassador Selection Process:
Anyone whose business is a current Chamber member is eligible to apply to be a member of the Ambassador team. Only one application will be accepted from each business. Individual members may apply for Ambassador Committee and must remain in compliance with membership policy. Applications can be obtained from Ashley Colquitt, Director of Operations & Engagement. The selection process is competitive, as there are typically more applicants than available slots. Anyone not selected will be encouraged to join another Opelika Chamber committee that best suits them.
If you’re interested in serving as an ambassador, review and submit the below documentation to our Director of Operations & Engagement, Ashley Colquitt at email@example.com.