Member Recognition Awards
● Keep Opelika Beautiful celebrating 20th Anniversary!
● Berkshire Hathaway Finishes 2016 With Highest Sales Volume In Company History
Berkshire Hathaway HomeServices Preferred Real Estate finished 2016 with the highest sales volume in company history. BHHS had a sales
volume of $222,981,622 with an average sales price that was over $73,000 higher than the competitor. Read the full story and more company
news at visit http://bit.ly/2lgLbIc.
● Himmelwright, Huguley & Boles, a local CPA firm, joined Barfield, Murphy, Shank & Smith (BMSS), a CPA and Consulting Firm headquartered in Birmingham.
● The Opelika - Auburn News won “Grand Slam” honors at the AP Sports Editors’ writing and sections contest – only 13 media groups nationwide won this honor! The Sports Staff won 8 Top 10 awards in all, including 4 in sections and 4 in writing. Sports Staff – Dana Sulonen, Erik Bacharach, Josh Vitale and Will Sammon
● Auburn University Athletic Director Jay Jacobs received the National Athletic Director of the Year award by the National Association of Collegiate Directors of Athletics.
● Happy 16th Birthday to Taylor Made Designs! Celebrating 16 years in Downtown Opelika!
● Opelika High Boys Track Team won the AHSAA State Indoor Track and Field Championship for the 2nd year
in a row! With the win, Opelika has now won the past four state championships when it comes to Track & Field
– the 2016 and 2017 indoor titles as well as the 2015 & 2016 outdoor titles!
● Opelika High Girls Indoor Track Team was Runner-Up AHSAA State Track Meet.
Highest finish in school history!
● Auburn Opelika Marriott at Grand National starts off 2017 as the Top Marriott Hotel in
North & South America!
● Tim McLain was awarded Country Financial’s South Alabama Agency Rep of the Year 2016!
He also qualified for his 11th All-American!
● Tina Cuevas is the #1 Agent for Humana in Southeast Alabama for 2016!
● Jeff Stewart has joined the River Bank & Trust team as Senior Vice President and Relationship
Manager. Also joining the team is Morgan Foster as the Vice President / Commercial Lender /
Relationship Manager for the Opelika Branch.
● Auburn-Opelika Metropolitan Area Named No. 6 In Best-Performing Cities Index by The Milken Institute.
● OPS One (Opelika Power Services One) was the Readers Choice Award Winner for 3 Years in a Row!
● Opelika High Theatre Society won state in the one act competition at Trumbauer!
● The Business Council of Alabama and the Chamber of Commerce Association of Alabama announced the “Emerging Small Business of the Year” award last week during the BCA-CCAA annual meeting; Spicer’s Music LLC won this prestigious award!
● Beauregard Hornets 5A Football Champions
● Jackson Thornton has selected James B. Marshall, III as the firm’s Newest Principal
Marshall, a Certified Energy Procurement Professional (CEP), specializes in financial forecasting, cost of service and rate design consulting
projects for electric, water, sewer and gas clients throughout the Southeast. Learn more at www.jacksonthornton.com.