Benefits and Services
- Educational member seminars are offered monthly or quarterly through the chamber. Previous classes offered: Marketing & Feasibility,Employment, Laws, Power Mingle, Public Relations, International Protocol, and more.
- Every new business needs a Ribbon Cutting! When you join the Chamber, schedule your event to showcase your business.
- Take advantage of the new member coupons for local radio stations, cable advertising, long distance options and more.
- The quarterly Business Over Breakfast event features a guest speaker and the Small Business of the Quarter Award.
- Business After Hours events are great ways to unwind and join other business people for food, door prizes, and fun.
- Connections is a monthly leads group that meets the second Wednesday of the month at 7:30 a.m. at the Opelika Train Depot. All members are encouraged to attend and bring a friend.
- The New Members’ Breakfast is held once a quarter in conjunction with Connections.
- The Chamber hosts the Annual Meeting once a year with entertainment and awards.
- Advertise on our website. We have two opportunities: across the bottom that leads to your business website or on one of the four squares that will highlight an event flyer.
- Advertise in the Opelika@Work newsletter published monthly in the Opelika-Auburn News.
- Send out an electronic flyer to all members within the monthly E-Mailer.
- Include a flyer in the quarterly Membership Mailer, a very cost effective way of promoting your business.
- Advertise in the chamber magazine, Opelika Lifestyle. It is distributed with member advertisement every 18 months and includes the Membership Directory.
- Advertise to your fellow members with the membership address labels.
- All members are encouraged to place their business brochures in the lobby for visitors.
- The Annual Meeting
- Business Over Breakfast
- Business After Hours
- Annual Golf Tournament
- School-to-Career Transition Workshop
- Career Technical Fair
- City of Opelika Employee Cookout
Chamber members are referred to walk-ins, phone calls and e-mail inquiries.
All members receive free listing in the Membership Directory published every 18 months.
The chamber website, www.opelika.com, lists all members with website links.
The Chamber membership decals show your support of the community. The chamber also has a membership logo available for your promotional items.
- The Chamber works closely with Opelika City Schools, Southern Union Community College and local industries to address issues of workforce development.
- The Government Affairs Committee represents the interests of chamber members in local and state government.
- The Chamber coordinates the Opelika Christmas Parade with the help of the Opelika Police Department.
- The Chamber and Auburn Opelika Tourism Bureau distribute packets, maps, and brochures to visitors.
- The Chamber partners with local community organizations such as Opelika Mainstreet, Opelika Parks and Recreation, and Opelika Envision to promote their events.